Client Alerts & Resources
Please view the below PowerPoint Presentations for more information on the seminars presented by Niehaus Wise & Kalas Ltd:
Employment and Labor Law Alerts
- Partner Patty Wise was quoted in a Society for Human Resource Management article about training in the human resources context. Check it out here.
- Partner Patty Wise wrote an article for the Society for Human Resource Management about the changing National Labor Relations Board. Read it here.
- Partner Patty Wise was quoted in a Society for Human Resource Management article regarding harassment guidance and civility training and its conflict with National Labor Relations Board decisions. Read it here.
- Partner Patty Wise co-wrote an article for the Society for Human Resource Management regarding requiring confidentiality in investigations. Read it here.
- Are you ready for Fall? Our list of recent employment law issues is below (click on the image twice to read):
- On May 17, 2016, the Department of Labor Issued its Final Rule on Overtime. It doubles the salary basis threshold, leaves the duties test unchanged, increases the highly compensated employee threshold and is effective December 1, 2016. SHRM’s analysis of the new regulation can be found here.
- The U.S. Department of Labor has issued proposed regulations increasing the salary threshold for employees who are exempt from overtime requirements. NWK’s alert is here – FLSA Salary Increase Alert.
- Partner Patricia Wise made a presentation at the SHRM Annual Conference in Las Vegas in July 2015. Here is an article regarding the presentation – NLRB Rejects Common Practices.